The Rules & Etiquette
GCC Training Guidelines Membership
- Only financial members of the Geelong Cycling Club may participate, single and 3 day licences do not constitute a financial member.
- Club kit should be worn on all club rides
- Plain kit - Kit that represents a sponsor in direct competition to club sponsors is not allowed. The rationale behind this is:
- Club sponsors pay for the clubs coaching staff and accordingly need to be recognised.
- The club wishes to create a strong presence on the road and a uniform demotes this Equipment
- Adequate lighting for night rides is required,
- Front Headlights and Tail Lights are compulsory.
- Riders should carry equipment to repair punctures etc
- The Coach or a nominated rep will control the bunch
- The Coach’s directions are final
- Participants should be aware of the level that the bunch is pitched
- Should conditions be unfavourable for safe training, a notice will be placed on GCC website or via other communication portals (i.e. Email, Twitter or Facebook).