One of the most important areas for the club is its junior membership. This is where the club grows from, with a goal to provide an environment that is healthy, safe and fun. We encourage Parents to be actively involved with the club and we please ask everyone to follow the club rules and regulations;
- Primarily club racing should be both safe and fun. The club encourages good sportsmanship and will award its members.
- When attending club events, parents should remember to follow the directions of the Geelong Cycling Club officials to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Parents are required to be present at club events when a child is participating. An active participation in marshalling assists in helping parents gain an appreciation of the junior racing scene.
- Parents are encouraged to help out with the running of events. Rostered duties such as marshalling and start duties will ensure the event is successful.
- The Geelong Cycling Club coach determines the level and grading of our juniors to ensure they can participate at the appropriate level.
- In the case where your child is being trained by a coach outside of the club, please let the Geelong Cycling Club coach know.
- When not in club events it is expected your child will abide by the laws of the road pertaining to cycling and traffic safety and will wear a helmet at all times.
When your child is initially starting out in cycling, Geelong Cycling Club provides a safe means to get practice, through the availability of the Geelong Criterium track, an off-road facility in Belmont, and through marshalled club races and lead club rides. It can also provide information on other forms of cycling, such as mountain, track and bmx riding, to provide a wide range of experiences in the earlier ages.
Remember, cycling provides and helps promote a child’s;
- Physical Exercise
- Health and Wellbeing
- Social connectedness - Friendships
- Skills / Co-ordination